Rebellions Are Built on Hope | Rogue One Digital Review
Complimentary movie night kit provided by Disney. All views are my own.
This past weekend I participated in an awesome twitter party. #RogueOneDigital at-home movie night Twitter party with a Rebel Alliance vs. the Galactic Empire theme. There were a group of bloggers with one half acting as the Rebel Alliance and the other half as the Galactic Empire. The Ultimate Twitter Party Battle!
We all used a provided Digital HD code on Disney Movies Anywhere, and a Roku Streaming Stick to watch ROGUE ONE. If you If you haven’t seen Rogue One yet, you can download directly from Disney Movies Anywhere, and simply stream it through your phone, tablet or laptop via Roku Streaming Stick! You can download the movie and watch how it all began with Jyn, Cassian and K-2SO!
If you are not familiar with Disney Movies Anywhere , check it out. We can literally take all our favorite Disney movies anywhere we go. My husband travels a lot and this is his favorite little device to pack. Disney movies can be streamed through a Google Chromecast, Roku, Android TV, iTunes, Google Play, VUDU, Amazon Video, Microsoft Movies and the television. My husband can stream everywhere he goes. Disney Movies Anywhere can be your new best friend!
#RogueOneDigital At-Home Movie Night Twitter Party
Lucasfilm’s ROGUE ONE, which takes place before the events of Star Wars: A New Hope, tells the story of unlikely heroes who have united to steal the plans to the Death Star.
The cast included Felicity Jones, Diego Luna, Ben Mendelsohn, Donnie Yen, Jiang Wen, Mads Mikkelsen, Alan Tudyk, Riz Ahmed, and Forest Whitaker. ROGUE ONE was directed by Gareth Edwards, produced by Kathleen Kennedy, Allison Shearmur, and Simon Emanuel, executive produced by John Knoll and Jason McGatlin, and co-produced by John Swartz and Kiri Hart.
The imagery in Rogue One is AH-MAH-ZING! Rogue One tells the story of a group of unlikely heroes who, in a time of conflict, band together on a mission to steal the plans to the Death Star. I wanted to be on location with the rebels is was so beautiful.
My favorite character of Rogue One, was K-2SO or Kaytoo. I loved his cantankerous attitude and wit. Kaytoo displays loyalty to #TeamRebel member Cassian Andor, and his repurposed life with the rebellion. He is spot on with zingers and quite litearlly, hilarious.
I was so sad at the end of Rogue one! Without giving away anything, that is all I can say. The funny thing about live twitting during a movie is that I kept missing so much and had to keep rewinding sections. I would look down at my laptop to type something and my son would say "watch this part" "watch this part". He had already seen Rogue One, but was excited to rewatch it with me. He made sure I didn't miss any key points.
"Don't be a follower, be a leader."
Rogue One isavailable NOW on digital HD and will be avaialbe on Blu-ray and DVD on April 4, 2017. Here is the complete list of features (via StarWars.com) that will be included on the Rogue One home video release:
- A Rogue Idea – Hear how ILM’s John Knoll came up with the movie’s concept – and why it’s the right film to launch the Star Wars stand-alone films.
- Jyn: The Rebel – Get to know Rogue One’s defiant, resourceful survivor, and hear what it was like for Felicity Jones to bring her to life onscreen.
- Cassian: The Spy – Diego Luna shares insights into his complex, driven character, who becomes a hero through selflessness, perseverance and passion.
- K-2SO: The Droid – Explore the development of this reprogrammed Imperial droid, from initial pitch and character design through Alan Tudyk’s performance.
- Baze & Chirrut: Guardians of the Whills – Go deeper into the relationship between these two very different characters, with Chinese superstars Jiang Wen and Donnie Yen.
- Bodhi & Saw: The Pilot & The Revolutionary – Forest Whitaker and Riz Ahmed reflect on Saw Gerrera, the broken Rebel leader, and Bodhi Rook, the Imperial pilot who defects.
- The Empire – Meet a dangerous new Imperial adversary…and cross paths once more with the most iconic villain of all time.
- Visions of Hope: The Look of “Rogue One” – The filmmakers describe the challenges and thrills of developing a bold new look for the movie that can fit within the world of the original trilogy.
- The Princess & The Governor – See what it took to bring the vibrant young princess of Star Wars: A New Hope – as well as one of her most memorable foes – back to the screen.
- Epilogue: The Story Continues – Filmmakers and cast celebrate Rogue One’s premiere and look forward into the future, to the Star Wars stories yet to be told.
- Rogue Connections – Uncover Easter eggs and film facts hidden throughout the movie that connect Rogue One to the Star Wars universe.
StarWars.com also provided details about retailer exclusives, letting you strategize about exactly where you want to buy your copy:
- Target Exclusive: 5-disc set includes collectible packaging with interchangeable character covers and exclusive bonus content (Blu-ray 3D + two Blu-ray + DVD + DVD exclusive content – 2 additional bonus features + Digital HD + collectible packaging)
- Best Buy Exclusive: 4-disc set with exclusive SteelBook packaging (Blu-ray 3D + two Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD + SteelBook packaging)
- Walmart Exclusive: 3-disc set with exclusive K-2SO packaging and two Galactic Connexions trading discs (two Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD + K-2SO packaging + two Galactic Connexions trading discs)